Tofu lasagna, my kids already diving on this before I took proper photos , sorry kids for this annoying mommy. Out of the blue, my son want to have lasagna, and he was insisted. He don’t normally asking this request as in the past he don’t like the traditional lasagna I made for him.
With quite reluctant, I made this remake lasagna for him and mentally thinking I am going to end up eating those whole dishes. I prepare it for lunch, and as my surprise, both my kids almost finish them all. And I just got few square myself (one that I used for this photos).
I don’t know why they love it, but they said, they love the tofu texture and flavour. Here are the recipe
- 250 gram tofu, scramble into bite size. Fried with 1 tbs vegetable oil, seasoned with salt, oregano and Italian mix herb. Fried golden, crispy outside and all the moisture are evaporated.
- 6-9 sheet of quick cook lasagna
- 250ml tomatoes sauce
- 50-100ml water
- Ready to used bechamel sauce (I used vegan version)
- Easy to melt any vegan cheese or easy to melt cheese of your choice
- 1 to 2 shallot (or Onion, I replace the onion with shallot for mild and sweet flavor)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chop.
- Sea salt, pepper and oregano
- 1 tbs of vegetable oil
- To make a tofu tomatoes sauce, in medium sauce pan and medium heat, take inside the vegetable oil, shallot and garlic in. Sautéed until soft and fragrance then put the tomatoes sauce, cooked scrambled tofu and the water. Seasoned with salt (be careful of the salt amount as the tofu are already salty), pepper and pinch of oregano. Cooked until the water is reduce and it form thick sauce. Don’t forget to give a taste and corrected accordingly.
- Preheat oven 180 degrees celsius.
- In heat resistant square dishes, spread in the bottom of the dishes, thin layer of tofu sauce then thin continue with layer of bechamel sauce (gently, I know the struggle but just be patient, and I know this is not traditional lasagna making), on top of the sauce, sprinkle thin layer of shredded cheese, then top with 2-3 lasagna sheet, tried to perfectly cover the sauce with the lasagna sheet.
- Basically tried the step above, tofu sauce then bechamel then cheese and lasagna sheet. Until reaching the thickness you’d prefer.
- I have 3 layer of the repetition with the top layer of tofu sauce, bechamel and cheese.
- After the dishes is ready, cover the top with aluminum foil and put it in into the oven, cooked about 20-25 minute. It going to look bubbly.
- After 20-25 minute, remove the aluminum foil and continue to cooked 7-10 minute or until the top is golden.
- It is about patience.
- When the top is golden take out from the oven, and ready to enjoy.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated it would enable me to explore and experimenting on creating my vegan recipe adventure . Thank you
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly