It is already early of December and closed to winter time, something that nourishing, warm and delicious as breakfast would be encouraging your morning, breakfast should not be boring, if possible and if I have time, I will decorate my breakfast as pretty and delicious as possible. Then for the rest of the day I feel like riding cloud *haha, not that I put drug on my breakfast hahaha, but bring happiness in my morning is such a pick me UP mood, no matter how hard the day are going to, just give me coffee and delicious breakfast, then I am ready to conquer the world.
And I made this recipe just as my usual habit, food foraging in my own kitchen, believe me, it is so much fun. You would surprise yourself, how exciting it will be on prospecting create some delicious meals.
When I just have one banana left, ripe enough that my kids not even interested to eat it, usually I just left it there and wait until it become super ripe and soft, then I will make porridge from it. I don’t know why I love banana porridge, but thing that adore from over ripe banana are, it is smell really fragrant, soft and comforting, I think that is why I love to put it in my breakfast. And during this cold weather, something that warm and comforting is essential for my breakfast, it will easily lift up my face with bright smile and spike up my energy.
I enjoy this big, greedy breakfast with chunky sweet, salty fried sweet potatoes, that I posted earlier. This are one of the specific reason why I love cold weather, I have a lot of excuse to stay at home, indulge my self with books, and food, a lot of food hehehe, and Also listen to song of parenthood (marking this as kids fight over toys, a lot of holiday by the way) hehehe.
Zip it, let’s go have some breakfast with me.
BANANA CINNAMON OATMEAL PORRIDGE WITH CARAMELISED APPLE
Serve 1 generous portion
- 1 over ripe soft banana
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1/3 cup thick coconut milk
- 150 ml water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Mix all ingredient together, and cooked them with low heat until soft, bubbling and reaching porridge consistency. Then take them away from heat
Serve 1 portion as snacking and complement for above recipe
- 1 fuji apple, remove the core, slice it chunky
- 1 tbs brown sugar (you may not used it all)
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Cinnamon to sprinkle
- While you wait the oatmeal cooked, in really hot pan, with medium heat, put inside the vegetable oil, then the apple, sprinkle the apple with some of the sugar, and light sprinkle of cinnamon, cook for 2-3 minute, then flip the apple, sprinkle again with some of the sugar and light sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Continue to flip it until it caramelized and soft. After the apple is browning, take it out from the heat. And ready to be used as topping for your oatmeal porridge. Enjoy it
I enjoy mine with salty chunky soft fried sweet potatoes. Heavy autumn breakfast