Hello, I am not going write too long today. Since this kind of similar of dishes are everywhere in the internet. This just my standard breakfast staple when I don’t have any idea to eat *sigh. Just simple things that delicious, no need some heavy finger lifting to made it, it is not even required some of my patience which is most hardest thing for me to do. But the most important thing are, regardless for all the easiness and simplicity, the ingredient are among my favourite. Breakfast are my everything, it have to make me wake up and eagerly anticipated the day with excitement.
I think you can see a lot of oatmeal porridge in my post, it show my worship for oatmeal porridge *haha. This breakfast are inspired by cinnamon roll, need a lot of hard work to craft it from scratch, and in the morning? Nah, wont do that, so instead I make this for myself. Topping with Cinnamon caramelise banana and I am not ask for anything else. While the smoothy are the freshness that I need in the morning. All of this breakfast are all I need in the winter morning. I creating this breakfast long time ago and just loving it, that I re-create it more and more, the duet are irresistible.
Shall we go?
CINNAMON OATMEAL AND CARAMELISE BANANA
SERVE 1 generous portion
- 2 handfull of quick oatmeal (you can always add more, according to the consistency you loved)
- 1 over ripe banana, mashed it (I suggest you to choose over ripe, because the fragrance are so wonderful)
- a pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 100 ml almond milk
- 1 banana, half it (choose the half ripe banana, it is taste not overly sweet and it hold really good shape during caramelising process)
- 2 table spoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs vegetable oil or 1 tbs vegan butter
- In medium heat, put medium size sauce pan, put inside the almond milk, oatmeal, mashed banana, cinnamon, brown sugar and the salt.
- Stir them until combine well.
- When the oatmeal reaching porridge consistency, take it out from the heat.
- For caramelise banana, in medium size pan and medium high heat, put inside the oil and the banana, after it sizzling sprinkle in the sugar and cinnamon, you may not used all of the sugar amount, the sweetness are depending on your preference.
- After the sugar are melted and coating the banana with their sweetness that make the banana golden brown, take out the banana from heat and carefully put it in the top of your porridge.
- Ready to serve, enjoyy.
SERVE 1 greedy portion of smoothie bowl
- 1 freeze banana
- 1 handfull of frozen raspberry (when in raspberry season, I froze a lot of them, and then enjoy it during the winter)
- 150ml almond milk
- Topping of your preference
- Blitz all the ingredient except the fresh topping *hehe.
- When the consistency are thick and smooth, serve them in the bowl
- Top with your favourite, fresh fruit, granola or anything you love *hehe