I’ve been sick for sometime, and get cold twice a month is too much for me. I think that is a sign that I am not nourishing my body enough, and that is true. Been travelling for almost a month with 2 kids was challenging and worthy, so I’m not regretting to combat any Flu, specially if I have delicious food for remedy.
The inspiration of this light meals are come from Indonesian dishes called “sayur bobor” traditionally it is prepare with spinach or Napa cabbage, bean sprout and corn with a generous coconut milk broth. This dishes were my childhood favourite, that I hope could pass to my kids, it is simple, hearty and nourishing.
The story why I used zucchini noodle is because I couldn’t find any Napa cabbage this morning, so I want to see if zucchini work for this recipe, it turn out so fresh, I also used meaty small Portobello mushroom and bean sprout. And from this experiment, I think you can improvised yourself on what you want to put in.
Shall we? let’s go to Indonesian village
ZUCCHINI NOODLE IN SAVOURY COCONUT MILK BROTH
Serve 3 small bowl
- 250 gram zucchini noodle
- 5 small portobello mushroom, slice it
- handfull of bean sprout
- 1/2 onion, slice it
- 3 garlic slice it
- 1 bay leaf
- 500ml coconut milk
- 500ml vegetable broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbs vegetable oil to sautéed
- In medium size pan and medium high heat, put inside vegetable oil, onion, bay leaf and garlic and sautéed them until fragrance.
- Then put inside coconut milk and vegetable stock, boiled and seasoned with salt, sugar and white pepper. Give it a taste, adjust it according your preference.
- Put inside the mushroom first, continue with zucchini noodle and bean sprout. Then turn off the heat, to not over cooked the vegetable.
- Ready to serve hot, I serve mine with slice if spicy green chilli and sprinkle of fried onion.
- Easyyy XX