Autumn, it is early autumn, my most favourite season, but my kids are already caught some cold, a good reason to start feasting on comfort food. My kids are huge fan of seaweed and tofu, so this soup are really suitable to evoke their appetite when they don’t have any desire to eat anything. It was just no-no the whole morning, I didn’t have much ingredient left in my kitchen, so thinking of food that they would voluntarily going to eat and with the minimum ingredient I got.
What I love about this soup regardless of the simplicity are, it is fresh with subtle sea flavour, light broth and just easy to enjoy it *I thought. My kids love this because the bland tofu are really contrast with the texture of chewy seaweed. This below are dried seaweed that I used, 1 tbs are enough to make a small pot of soup, but you can used it as much as you want, only if you add too much dried seaweed the broth would be intense with the sea flavour.
Alright then, lets welcome autumn.
TOFU AND SEAWEED SOUP
SERVEN 2 Portion
- 1-2 tbs seaweed
- 150 gram firm tofu, cut it in small cube
- 3 big clove of garlic, crush it
- 1 litre vegetable broth, the proper one, because this part is essential
- 1 celery stalk, slice
- Sea salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- In medium pot with medium heat, put inside the vegetable broth, celery stalk and clove, put them into boiled.
- After the broth boiling, put inside the tofu, cook for 5-8 minute to get infuse with garlicky broth.
- Season the broth with sea salt and pepper, if you’d like put pinch of sugar for balance.
- Lastly put inside the seaweed, cooked until seaweed soft and chewy for about 5 minute, give a taste, adjust the taste according your preference.
- Ready to serve