I did fridge foraging for my lunch, and here were what I found, delicious, quick lunch dishes, owh and it is fresh too. I put bunch of vegetable I could found, actually I have a plan to enjoy it with noodle, but I lost my patience and just devour it instead. It was satisfying though hehe.
I used snake bean or long bean here, as it is more sweet and chewy, But if you don’t have it in hand you can used green bean, choose the fresh and young one, for the sweetness. Other vegetable I used are young succulent jack fruit and few champignon mushroom, basically what I can found in my fridge, you also can used any veggies you loves, pumpkin (owwh so sweet), broccoli or anything veggie.
I said this meal are quick, it is yes, because I used spices paste from the bottle *hehe, but please have one, it will help a lot. I used this one below, the taste are authentic I thought, you can add some fresh chilli for extra spicy, since this spices from the jar are not enough hot for me.
Don’t forget to enjoy it with cilantro, it will take the freshness in another level.
VEGAN TOM YAM SOUP
Serve 2-3 portion
- 1 Tbs tom yam paste (for extra thick and satisfying soup)
- 1 handfull of young jack fruit, slice it in bite size
- 7-8 long bean, slice it 2-3 cm (or you can used green bean for handful)
- 1 handfull mushroom (I used champignon)
- 1/2 onion, dice it rough
- few spring of cilantro to cooked and serve
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vegan bouillon
- 750ml water
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- In medium pot and medium heat, put inside the vegetable oil and chop onion.
- After the onion are soften put inside the water and the spice paste. let is simmer.
- After it simmering, put inside the vegetable, cooked until soft. Seasoned with sea salt, pepper, vegan bouillon and brown sugar. Don’t forget to give it a taste, and adjust it according your preference.
- Continue to boiled, lastly put inside few spring cilantro. then take it from the heat.
- I serve this as my second breakfast, after the raspberry toast I posted before *haha I know, I know
Come join me