I already think about this breakfast from the night before *yeah, sound sad isn’t it to think about food all the time hehe. I don’t know how it would be turn actually, it will be burn or what? but I have to tried it. And it turn delicious, the bread is light, not overly sweet, fresh, warm and cinnamon-y, what I could ask more for breakfast (well actually I did ask for more, just wait for it hehe).
Have the stale bread (I used chapatta from the local bread store ), it will absorb the milk beautifully, which make the toast soft, fluffy and light. Only few ingredient I have here, and you can change the raspberry into any berries of your preference.
Here we go, let’s have a breakfast.
RASPBERRY FRENCH TOAST
Serve 1 selfish portion
- cut 10cm any hard bread of your preference (chapatta, baguette, ciabatta, you name it ;))
- 100ml almond milk (almond milk add some extra sweetness and nuttiness into the toast)
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 handful of raspberry
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs vegan butter
- In deep plate, mashed roughly the raspberry along with sugar, left some chunk for the texture, then put the milk and cinnamon in, stir it.
- Put the bread into the milk mixture, until the bread absorb the milk for 2-3 minute.
- While waiting for the bread, put small pan in high heat, after the pan are heated put inside the butter and quickly put the bread in. Fried until the bread are golden outside. Then take it out from the heat. This is how my bread look like before I dressing them.
- Put inside the rest from the milk mixture in into the pan, watch and cooked it until thick and have jam look alike.
- Pour the jam into the bread, I enjoy mine with some dried fruit and sprinkle of cinnamon.
- And I still hungry *haha, which I will have soup in the next post 😉
Doesn’t this look yummmm