Owh I love this cold, chilly weather, I have the excuse to wear my cloak, or just stay at home with my old jeans, fluffy slipper, baggy jumper and most ultimately, eating. I am snacking on this with my girlfriend, we enjoy it with the vegetable fried rice that I posted previously.
I love simple food, without too much seasoning, which will accentuate the real taste of the main ingredient, that is also the reason I love fresh, seasonal ingredient, as it will provide me with bunch of freshness and flavour. Maybe also the reason my seasoning are always the same, keep the basic, as you might already spot my pattern.
This dishes are provide some warm and comfort, I match the Asian inspired with some of west herb, I used thyme, oddly enough thyme have almost similar subtle fragrant as sweet basil, so this dishes are almost cure to my homesick missing of Indonesian ingredient *hehe.
Note: I used king mushroom, as it hold really good shape, subtle taste and less mushy, but you can used shiitake, choose fresh and firm one. But using shiitake will add some strong flavour into the dishes.
EASY WARM AUTUM MUSHROOM STIR FRIED
Serve 1 portion
- 2 king mushroom, slice it as you prefer
- 1 thumb size ginger, slice it thin
- 2 garlic, chop it
- 1/2 small onion, chop it
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 spring onion, slice it to serve
- 2-3 spring of thyme
- Toasted sesame seed to serve
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
Note: If you like add 1/2 tsp chilli flake, it will be spicy, but it taste so good.
- In medium pan and medium heat, put inside vegetable oil, garlic, onion and ginger. sautéed until a bit golden, keep an eye, we don’t want burn garlic.
- Put inside the mushroom then seasoning, sea salt, pepper and sesame oil. Always don’t forget to give a taste. Lastly put inside the thyme, the thyme here are just for infuse.
- After the thyme in, stir for 1-2 minute and take the dish out from the heat.
- Ready to serve, sprinkle with spring onion and toasted sesame seed.