Celebrating last autumn by enjoy some summer crop, that is frozen fresh veggies, don’t get me wrong, frozen veggies are have same nutrient as fresh veggies, what change nutrient are cooking process, nutrient mostly evaporated during long cooking process, even though some vegetables need to be cooked to evoke some nutrient, I wont stay long talking about nutrient and bored you hehe. The good thing about nasi goreng is, we can enjoy it practically in all the time meals, in Indonesia this dishes are one of versatile meal, that we can enjoy at anytime.
I prepare this dishes for my girlfriend, easy lunch afternoon. We have artichoke, green bean, carrot, broad bean, and petit pois or green peas hehe. For the rest was just simple recipe of my classic fried rice, which only garlic, green onion and onion with sesame oil as a star. I particularly love the artichoke as it gave sour hint flavour, which add some edge into my regular fried rice, but if you don’t have that in your frozen veggies, doesn’t matter, you can add your favourite.
Note: If you rather choose to used fresh vegetables, please do.
VEGETABLE FRIED RICE
SERVE: 3 small portion
- 1 cup frozen veggies, as many variant as possible, we are celebrating summer.
- 2 small plate of cold cooked basmati rice (or you can add the amount as you want, then you need to adjust the seasoning)
- 3 garlic clove, chop it
- 1 small onion, chop it
- 2 spring onion, slice the white part, keep the green for serving
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- Sea salt, pepper and sugar to taste (I suggest 1 tsp sugar for balancing the flavour)
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- The green part of spring onion to serve
- Fried onion and toasted sesame seed to serve — optional
Note: if you want some warm, add thin slice of ginger, one thumb size is enough.
- In hot medium pan, put inside the vegetable oil, onion, garlic and white part of spring onion, sautéed until fragrance.
- After fragrance, put inside the rice and vegetable then put the heat into high.
- Put all the seasoning, sea salt, pepper, bouillon powder, sugar and sesame oil. Stir it through, for about 5-6 minute and the rice are look shiny and dried. Give a taste, if you taste enough smoky flavour, it is good time to take it out from the heat.
- Serve with slice green spring onion.
- If you want you can have some toasted sesame seed and fried onion.