Mushroom are abundant at this season, one of my favourite ingredient, this are Niscalo (Lactarius deliciosus) typical mushroom that available in Spain, my girlfriend said this mushroom are delicious, I never have it before, even in season it quite pricy though. But it is worthy every penny, When I was grilled it, my house are fragrant with heady aroma of butter.
The good thing is, I don’t have to compete with my kids and hubby to enjoy it, which mushroom are most likely the ingredient they wont eat, if they could, while I couldn’t resist it, yeay. This are how the mushroom look like after grilling.
I want to eat this mushroom in slightly different way, I want to enjoy a lot of them but quite bored with the way I cooked. So here, I want to have a bit adventure by adding some pear, but if you also want to add them, choose the hard one so it can hold a good shape during the cooking. For the rest I keep everything simple and serve them with spicy mashed avocado.
SO let’s go for adventure.
AUTUMN SNACKING ON MUSHROOM
SERVE 1 Portion
- 200 gram mushroom, choose fresh and firm one. You can choose oyster mushroom, since it is easy to find. Slice it as you prefer
- 1 small hard pear, slice it
- 2 garlic, chop it
- 1/2 onion, chop it
- 2 spring of thyme
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Spring onion, slice (optional)
- In hot pan and medium heat, grilled the mushroom in batch and don’t over crowded, otherwise it will go mushy. Season with sea salt. Set aside when finish.
- After all the mushroom are finished grilled, in the same pan put inside vegetable oil, garlic, onion and thyme, sautéed until golden. Then put inside the pear (only if you want the pear in your dishes).
- After the base ingredient are fragrant and golden put inside the mushroom, season with sea salt and pepper. Don’t forget to give a taste and corrected according your preference.
- Stir for some few minute then take out from the heat.
- Ready to serve, sprinkle with spring onion. I serve mine with spicy mashed avocado.