Oh boy, here we go, let the madness begin. In one evening, after diving up into warm comfort of fajita from previous post, I am thinking, what if I put this seasoning into my favourite asian noodle. The result was intriguing for me, when I close my eyes, I can taste soft mild spices, sour and sweetness from sweet soy sauce. I kind of liking this marriage.
I love it, I don’t know, you can tried yourself. It is not that crazy, only I think you need to adjust little bit, or maybe just me, since I very used to have traditional Indonesian style fried noodle. Even though this is still work for me.
I used the basic ingredient like previous post, but instead of fajita seasoning I used Burrito seasoning, yep, the seasoning are coming from the pack hehe. This recipe are like mix marriage *haha, half Mexican-half Asian. Also used vegetarian seasoning sauce, I am going to capture the sauce in picture and sweet soy sauce. Also thinking to add some sesame oil, but I think that way too far, I want to keep it simple, straight forward and bold in clean way.
SO let’s get mad together, shall we?
FRIED NOODLE IN TEX MEX INSPIRATION
Serve 1 generous portion/2 small portion
- 1/2 red paprika, slice it
- 1/2 green paprika, slice it
- 1/2 sweet onion, slice it
- 50 gram shiitake mushroom (3-4 pieces, slice it)
- 100 gram cooked noodle
- 2 tbs vegetarian sauce
- 2 tbs sweet soy sauce
- 2 tsp burrito mix spices
- 1 tsp smoke liquid
- Sea salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Cilantro to serve
- Slice avocado to serve
- Slice of lime to serve
- Chilli flake to serve
- In medium pan and high heat, put inside extra virgin olive oil and sweet onion, sautéed until the onion slightly burn.
- Then put inside the paprikas and shiitake mushroom, sautéed until slightly soft, not too soft though. Get the noodle in.
- Put in all the sauce, smoke liquid and the spices mix, at this point you need the pan really hot, and stired quickly.
- Give a taste, add some extra sea salt and pepper if you think it still under seasoning.
- Ready to serve
- Serve with cilantro, lime wedges, slice avocado and chilli flake.