My craziness are start from here, bear with me, in the near future days, I am going wild with Tex Mex inspiration and put what I can imagine with Tex Mex seasoning. I love Mexican food, with the amount boldness used of spices. But I am not going to make any hard work here or any home work with my own spices blend, I bought ready to used blend, only I choose the organic blend, but don’t press yourself, find what available near you or you can make your own blend, as I think not that hard to make it yourself, while me? I am just lazy ass.
I have this for my breakfast, yeahh, breakfast worshiper here, a lot friend of mine rise their eye brow for my personal breakfast habit, as I used to have very heavy breakfast hehe, but breakfast for me is main power meal of the day. so yeah. After I ate, the first serve, I just can not help my self to take another more, need a strong self control to not take another one.
What I do differently into this recipe is, I add some smoke liquid into the recipe, such a flavour bomb (my friend said, smoke liquid is the most valuable discovery in culinary haha). For the rest I keep it simple and straight forward, the only hard work you need is chopping the vegetable.
So are you ready?
VEGAN SHIITAKE FAJITA
Serve 4-5 wrap
- 1 Sweet onion, half and slice it rough
- 1 red paprika, slice it
- 1 green paprika, slice it
- 1 jalapeño, dice it (skip it if you don’t want too hot)
- 150gram fat shiitake mushroom, slice it
- 2 tsp fajita mix spices
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1tbs smoke liquid
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil for extra depth
- Flour tortilla to serve
- Chop cilantro to serve
- Avocado relish from previous post to serve — optional
- In medium pan and high heat, put inside the olive oil and sweet onion, we want the onion slightly burn, mine have some burn mark which add extra smoky flavour.
- After the onion are burn put inside the paprika, shiitake and jalapeño, stir fried until they are soft but not too soft to maintain the texture.
- Season with the fajita mix spices and smoke liquid. Stirred quickly.
- Give a taste, add some more extra sea salt and pepper if you think it still under seasoning.
- To serve, lightly toast the flour tortilla into hot pan, only to make it warm, don’t burn them hehe.
- Serve with 3-4 tbs of vegetable mix.
- I serve mine with avocado relish from previous post and sprinkle of chop cilantro.