Something so simple to enjoy, simple, quick, light and tasty. This was like my go to lazy recipe, with some few ingredients and quick cooking. But first of all, I am so sorry for my rambling, I just back from my spring-summer, with freeze tongue because of very minimum used hehe, you know the feeling when you are not having had quality talking with anyone and suddenly you want to talk, It feel like I am vomiting alphabets, that is the best way I describe my feeling.
It was all by myself morning, sitting alone at home. My favourite time when I able to devour myself, tranquilly. As I grow older, I learn to be able to appreciate my alone time, to not socialising-It doesn’t mean I am anti social, and just be quiet. Ah heavenly time.
Back to this recipe, you can used any kind of bean, But I choose white bean because of it neutral flavour, creamy and ready to be blend deliciously with other ingredient, so I love it for it versatility. I used ready to cooked bean – a.k.a. bean from the jar, I am not ashamed, it is nutritious and practical, again this are lazy recipe for me hehe. But my suggestion is to rinse the bean with cold water, otherwise would be there are acid trace of flavour, unless you like it that way, so you can do anything you’d prefer.
So shall we, get up to the kitchen?
WHITE BEAN IN TOMATOES SAUCE
Serve 1-2 portion
- 250 Gram white bean, rinse it with cold water
- 1 garlic
- Pinch of oregano only to taste
- 100ml light tomatoes sauce (I used from the jar too, here in Spain, we have Tomatoes Fritos, which is tomatoes blend with onion)
- 100ml water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of pepper only to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In small skillet or pan, and medium high heat, put inside the olive oil garlic. Sautéed until the garlic fragrance and slightly golden – keep an eyes on it, it is golden not burn.
- When the garlic are fragrance, put inside the tomatoes sauce and the water, wait a minute until it bubbling, then season with oregano, garlic, pepper and sugar. Stir it well through.
- Lastly put inside the white bean, stir it for 3-5 minute until it absorb the seasoning but you have to keep an eye on it.
- When the sauce are coating the white bean, taking out from the heat and ready to enjoy.
- I enjoy mine with slice of avocado, chilli flake and slice of spring onion.