Thank you so much for stay in my blog, really appreciate it. Seem like I am being revive every autumn, dying during spring and took a long nap when summer came, yep it is confirm that is my cycle. I do hope you enjoy my posts. Sit tight.
Autumn with covid, Uff, no joked. Tried my best to nourish my body. With this kind of comfort cooking. This dumpling only need few ingredients and with few effort, even though need more patient on the broth but all pay off.
The seasoning are minimal, I used vegetarian sauce, if it not salty enough you can add few drizzle of soy sauce or if you dare enough used fish sauce. But I want to keep this clean and minimal on mine so sea salt, pepper and vegetarian sauce. here are the vegetarian sauce I used. This sauce are multi purpose on almost everything.
I used plain soft tofu, if you crave for texture used the firm one. My mood are playing hard on this dishes, was mellow near to melt down when crafting this dishes, so want everything soft, delicate and clean. But enough talking here are the recipe.
Hope you enjoy it.
Autumn Warm Tofu Dumpling
- 250 gram soft tofu, soften.
- 1 tbs vegetarian sauce (or oyster sauce, used your preference)
- 1 scallion, slice it
- Sea salt and pepper (add the salt gradually since vegetarian sauce already quite salty)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 1 tbs tapioca flour or corn starch
- Dumpling pastry ready to used
- mix all ingredient together (well, obviously except the pastry), and give it a taste, corrected accordingly.
- Take 1tsp of tofu mixture and put in the middle of pastry, dip your finger into water and wet the top edge of the pastry then folded the pastry from edge to edge (mine are folded into triangle, depend on your pastry, if yours is circle, it’d become half moon). Continue until finished.
- In boiling water, put the dumpling in. When the dumpling are floating into surface means it ready and take out from the water (put them in big plate and separate them, mine are not stick, when it cold I transfer into glass container with lid on and I keep on fridge, ready to pop in broth when I want one.
- 1000ml to 1500ml water
- 1 medium size onion, quarter it
- 1 thumb size ginger, crushed it
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed it
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 star anise
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- Sea salt, sugar and pepper
Boiled all the ingredient together and simmer with medium-low heat until all the seasoning soft and translucent. When the broth is boiling take out the star anise (the star anise are only to infused the broth, because the flavour of star anise able to over power this mellow broth). Then strain the broth. Then the broth Ready to used.
I server mine with oyster mushroom and shiitake. Also traditional green, I used kailan, but if you have difficulty to find it, bokcoy is the most easiest Asian typical green.
This broth for me are very versatile, I store it a lot in a fridge when I am in mood to make it. I used this broth for quick fix noodle, add some vegetable. Want to have some veggie soup, just add this broth into slice carrot, mushroom, et voila, quick warm vegetable soup done