Warm snack to be enjoy in this cold cold weather. Enjoy while it’s hot and the spices for the seasoning will bring warmness. The first time we enjoy this snack was when we had a dinner in Indian restaurant, skeptical at first that my kids going to enjoy heavy spices, but turn out my daughter loving it, not my son, he quite have very delicate palate.
Easy to make if you have Indian spice paste, and you don’t need so much paste. Or else powder curry spices also work, and it is more easy to find. I have only few vegetable for this recipe, only used what I can find in pantry. But you can explore as you would preferred and used this recipe only for inspiration.
Here are the recipe
VEGETABLE CURRY EMPANADA
- 1 big potatoes, cube it small
- 1 big carrot (2 small one), cube it small with same size as the potatoes.
- 1 shallot, slice it or Onion, please used your preference
- 2 garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 scallion, slice it
- 1 thumb size ginger, slice it julienne
- 1 tsp mild curry paste
- Sea salt and pepper
- Ready to used empanada skin (from this recipe I made 12-15 small pcs)
- 50ml water
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- In medium size pan and medium heat, put inside the vegetable oil, garlic, shallot and ginger. Sautéed until fragrance.
- After it fragrance, put inside the potatoes, carrot and curry paste. Stir it thoroughly.
- Seasoned with sea salt and pepper.
- Put inside the water, and continue to cooked until all the water evaporate and absorbed by the potatoes and carrot.
- Give it a taste and corrected accordingly, sprinkle with the scallion, stir it thoroughly again. Take off from the heat when the potatoes is soft, if it not add lil bit more water.
- After the potatoes are soft, the filling are ready to used.
- How to assembly are in below step
HOW TO ASSEMBLY
- Take one sheet of the empanada pastry, take one teaspoon (more or less, it depend on how the size of your empanada pastry), then folded half-moon, lock the edge of the merge pastry sheet with light tap of water until it sealed (I know it sound very complicated, but please stay with me).
- This are the tricky part, basically from the very edge of the half moon, you fold and pinch like the move on making pies. But nevertheless, you can do what ever you want to seal the edge of the pastry.
- Then fried the pastry in a deep fried, medium hot oil until it golden.