Wow happy new year, what ride. Hope brightness ahead.
The story behind this dishes was give me such a sentiment. Actually I made this dishes last year, during my quarantine, where I will explore within my short ingredient because I can’t go anywhere during confinement. Only went to grocery store near to my apartment with long line of queue and shortage of specific crucial ingredient such as pasta, flour and any basic ingredient.
It was sad, but when life put you into a corner, you will get creative. We don’t waste any food, we explore our limitation. My kids want to have a noodle, which was impossible to get normal Asian egg noodle. So I instead have a pasta (angel hair at that moment) and put a topping left over vegetable stir fried from previous post.
We usually have this kind of dishes during weekend brunch, work in any season from cold to hot. This dishes also maybe will cure your headache from last night new year eve partying. Warm bowl of pasta soup with fresh vegetable. If you have a ginger in hand throw into the stock, the soup will get you better in matter of no time.
The recipe also really easy too, if you have such a unbearable morning. Work good too if you don’t have vegetable stir fried like mine. But you have to have a bunch of garlic, and if lucky enough to find any scallion that would be so much better.
Here are the recipe
First thing first, the Vegetable stir fried recipe.
THE STIR FRIED (IF YOU WANT TO HAVE IT)
As for stir fried, I only use just few leaves of cabbage, julienne of small carrot and 1 spring onion, shiitake mushroom for the flavouring and adding extra fragrance. Stir fried with garlic and scallion then seasoned only with salt and pepper. You can modified the filling but pick less moist vegetable (I cooked the cabbage lastly and very fast to avoid it become mushy and too moist also to maintain the texture).
ANGEL HAIR SPAGHETTI WITH VEGETABLE STIR FRIED
- 1 hand-full angel hair spaghetti pasta, cooked in boiling salted water, according to the packaging then drain and set aside until used
- 4 clove of garlic, crushed.
- 1 thumb size of ginger, crushed
- 1 scallion, slice separate the white and the green part
- 1 litre vegetable stock, or any stock you preferred
- Sea salt, pinch of sugar and pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Fried onion to serve (really optional)
- in medium size pot and medium heat. Put inside the oil, garlic, ginger and white part of the scallion. Sautéed until fragrance but be-careful to not burn the garlic.
- After the garlic are fragrance put inside the vegetable stock and let it boiled.
- After it boiling, season with sea salt, sugar and pepper then don’t forget to give it a taste.
- When you get reach the balanced you’d preferred put inside the pasta. Just stir it for 1-2 minute then sprinkle with the green part of the scallion. Take off from the heat.
- Ready to enjoy with sprinkle with fried onion and extra slice scallion if you have it. I top mine with sautéed vegetable.