Another easy dishes, fit for weekdays or any lazy don’t want too much effort days. Even though I am not sure about the asparagus season, but I got one in my nearby fruteria tienda near to may apartment, but you can replace it with green bean or used frozen veggies for more cheaper option (I have to say again about how I love frozen veggies, it is come handy, easy to store in hard days, lets learn about last year confinement. and the more important thing are it is maybe contain more nutrient than your “Fresh” vegetable, since it froze in most freshest state from the crop).
If you don’t want the tofu? fine, you can do good only with the asparagus or even only with green bean. This recipe is quite versatile, also my basic seasoning (sweet soy sauce, sea salt and pepper) as for alternate if you don’t have sweet soy sauce, you can make your own blend from soy sauce and brown sugar. To make thing easy you can make the blend prior cooking and store it, since the blend also very useful for other cooking.
The way to make a blend are, first make just small batch and see if you like it, so you are not going waste so many ingredient. That are mix 1/4 cup of light soy sauce with 1/4 cup of brown sugar, cooked in small heat until sugar dissolve and the sauce are thickening, then take out from the heat, let it cool. The sauce are ready to used, store it in air tight bottle for future used.
STICKY TOFU AND ASPARAGUS
- 1 hand-full of asparagus, snap, usually there are part that would be snap between the hard part and the soft part. Used the soft part, and snap it into bite size (I don’t bother to cut it). Or for this part used the arrangement of your preference.
- 250 gram tofu, cube it or slice it as you prefer but slice it small. Fried until golden then set aside.
- 1/2 red medium size paprika, I slice it randomly rough
- 1 shallot, slice it
- 3 clove of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, crushed
- 1 scallion, slice it
- 2 tbs of sweet soy sauce or used alternate mix of soy sauce and brown sugar for the same amount.
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil (if you’d like it)
- Toasted sesame seed to serve
- Green part of slice scallion to serve (really optional)
- Fried onion to serve
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- In medium size pan and medium heat, put inside the oil, shallot, scallion, garlic and ginger. Sautéed until fragrance.
- When everything is fragrance, put inside all the vegetable and the tofu. Stir it thoroughly.
- After everything mix beautifully, put the sweet soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil in, give it a taste then add the sea salt gradually . Be careful with the salt, Better to add the salt bit by bit.
- When all the flavour mix well, take off from the heat.
- Ready to serve, I serve mine sprinkle of toasted sesame seed, slice scallion and fried onion. And most important are warm steam rice.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated it would enable me to explore and experimenting on creating my vegan recipe adventure . Thank you
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly