Woww, this writing progress are surprise me, for me to sitting in long hour and doing random talk on blank page, haha, never thought that I could do this before. But yeah, I have to documented my own experiment, for my own good and easy way to recall certain recipe, that usually accidentally delicious, I can count on my intuitive cooking, but usually I messed up a lot on already establish recipe *haha, which is sometime so strange, even though already following each step from it. So, because I usually making some disaster in the kitchen when I read recipe carefully, then I just read the idea of the recipe and red line of the ingredient or the key ingredient of it, this is only work for cooking. While for baking you need all the precision, other wise would be something burning or hard cake *haha, happen with me a lot.
I wont talk too much about this recipe, because basically you can put any vegetable and plant based protein for this dishes, just throw what is in your mind, it will be work perfectly, throw food ingredient okay? don’t throw any random things *haha.
You can also add some egg, if you are not vegetarian, or even grilled chicken breast, would be equally delicious, even thought in most traditional recipe usually just consist egg, firm tofu and tempeh for source of protein. But when making this dishes I was too hungry so I just blanch all the veggies I could found in the fridge and pour it with my peanut and cashew butter sauce, recipe here Savoury peanut and cashew butter sauce .
Serve 2 generous portion
- 5-6 judia verde, julienne slice them, it would be appear so beautiful and look appetising (you can replace it with green bean), blanch them
- 2 medium size carrot, slice it as your preference, I cut it in chunky, blanch them
- 2 medium size potatoes, you can bake them and steam them, and cube it
- 2 radishes, slice it thinly
- 1 spring onion, slice it thinly
- 1 red chilli, slice it thinly
- 2 handfull of bean sprout, clean the green cap, and wash them in running water, you can blanch them or eat it raw — I skip this, too hungryyyy
- Firm tofu, cube them in small size and fried them with 2-3 table spoon of light olive oil, until it properly browning — I skip this, same reason I was too hungry
- Tempeh, if you have any, sadly I don’t have this ingredient
- 5 thick table spoon of peanut and cashew butter, heat them with 5 table spoon of water, so it would be create sauce consistency
- Blanching is technique, where you boiled the water, and putting inside the veggies into boiling water so quickly and then shock the veggies in the icy cold water, so we can keep the vibrant colour and crunchiness of the veggie, I also add little bit of salt into the boiling water, somehow it make the taste of veggie even more sweeter
- After you prepare all the vegetable and all the complement ingredient, you can build this dishes as you want, you can make edible art with this dishes and lastly pour the peanut sauce
- That is all, as long as you have the peanut and cashew butter in stock, this dishes is easy peasy and quick