I am stuck, bored to be specific, zero idea what to cook while cooking almost similar dishes only separated in week were just really bad idea for me. Walking miles for inspiration also not working, *Meh. I am almost reaching my boiling point of frustration, haha and it causing by food, so silly, look, the grumpy me will be go on and on. Just shut this awful circle of me eating my own tails, then I walk aimlessly in grocery store near to my apartment.
I look into the alley that I rarely explored, tadaa, I found mini taco shell, It was a moment when there was light bulb tingling inside my brain. Ahaaaa, snaping moment for me.
Honestly, the I never, never, never know about any of food from south American, Mexican, Colombian, Brazil, Argentina, wooww the list are almost endless, I also not much having any idea about African food. And that is when I got evoking on inspiration. I love being inspired, that is what make me alive. But today I will just stop on Taco hehe.
Honestly I never taste taco even from the franchise chain. So I am here just going from scratch reading the spices formula, comparing one recipe to another, and here is what I got. I even used tempeh as the source of the protein *sigh haha.
However, regardless everything, I hope you are going to like this recipe. I serve this recipe to my girlfriend, she think the tempe is bacon hahaha. It is look like bacon indeed, different taste, but I love this recipe, my new favourite.
The next day I serve this for my girlfriend, late lunch for two.
Shall we digging in?
VEGAN INSPIRED TEMPEH TACO
Serve 2 portion as a condiment
- 300 Gram tempeh (crumble it, to create texture, make a small and big crumble, the small crumble creating crispy and the big crumble creating soft crispy texture)
- 1 tsp spicy smoke paprika (I used Spanish paprika and it is delicious)
- 1 tsp dried ground oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder (to even enhance the flavour of fresh garlic)
- 1 fresh shallot, slice it
- 3 garlic cloves, slice it
- 1 spring onion to serve, slice it
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh grind black pepper (fresh black pepper are becoming my favourite, it have subtle smoky flavour and just right spiciness)
- Celery leaves, slice it very fine to serve (optional)
To serve, I also prepare tomatoes relish, recipe are here TEMPEH BACON WITH TOMATOES RELISH (VEGAN RECIPE)
- In big pan and medium high heat, put inside garlic, shallot, vegetable oil and tempeh, sautéed them. Sautéed until the tempeh are golden brown and glistening.
- After tempeh are just glistening, put inside all the spices. Stir them well, and keep an eyes on it, to avoid burning.
- After all the spices are blended well, give a taste and correct it according your preference.
- Ready to serve in taco shell. I complete mine with tomatoes relish and slice of avocado then sprinkle with slice of celery.