When I want to eat something in between, or I want to eat something un-ordinary by mixing all my favourite, it is like choosing my favourite kids, instead I put all my favourite in. This porridge are cinnamony and refreshing with summer berries, now you know what I mean by mixing something in between. Also I put some clementine as a topping, I consider clementine is winter fruit, odd isn’t it to put orange as a topping for my porridge, it is work for me *hehe.
Actually I create this recipe because I missed my breakfast and it was closed to my lunch time. I want to eat something light, that make me full enough to cooked my lunch, other wise I will snacking something junk on the way to cook my lunch. Actually I am not really into snacking things such as cracker, chips or something sweet, I rather to eat something satisfying and fulfilling.
I used whole oats in here, what I found was, whole oats creating really crunchy texture into the porridge, it is interesting, the porridge was warm, crunchy with hints of vanilla, fresh from the touch of frozen berries. During summer when berries was abundant, I froze bunch of them, so I can indulge them during winter time.
As a topping I used, frozen berries, savoury fried sweet potatoes (it was left over) and clementine.
This recipe is my definition of HOT and COLD, such a fiesta in my mouth.
So would you go with me with my confusion? *sigh
SUMMERY AND WINTERY OATMEAL PORRIDGE BREAKFAST
Serve 1 generous portion
- 2/3 cup whole oats or you can used old fashion oat
- 1 over ripe banana, mashed it
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
Other Ingredient as a topping
- 5-6 frozen blackberried and raspberry
- 1/2 clementine
- Fried sweet potatoes
- Pinch of ground cinnamon to serve
- In small pot and medium high heat, put inside whole oat, mashed banana, milk, cinnamon, salt, vanilla extract and brown sugar.
- Cooked them until soft and reaching porridge consistency.
- Take them out.
- To serve, decorate and top with frozen berries, clementine, sweet potatoes and sprinkle of ground cinnamon.