Bonjour from Paris, I am so exciting, to write this recipe from my trip to Paris, got to be honest that I am in love with the city, not in romantic way but more in cultural way. I am stay in this charming apartment, in Necker neighbourhood. At first I am not really interested to visit Paris as it seem quite mainstream, while I love something that more tranquil and quiet. But to stay quite far from city centre, meeting local and quiet neighbourhood had change my mind.
Few days a go I saw some local queuing to get some artisan bread, it look so mesmerised to me. But I have to admit that living on sandwich these few days are quite boring for me, so my kids. Now, Time for cook.
Time for cook, I want something simple, no fuss and quick, to cure my sandwich hangover *hahaha, and I need to shop quick, shop with toddler are quite tricky, they tend to want everything they saw, so yeah just grab what fast.
The owner of the apartment was kind enough to provide me some herb to used and I choose herb de provence, and it is deliciouuuuus, even my kids love it, and they are not fan of mushroom. It is just prove on how simplicity are the ultimate sophistication.
Ready to be sophisticate? Ahemmm
MIX MUSHROOM IN HERB DE PROVENCE
SERVE 1-2 portion
- 250 gram of mix mushroom of your preference (choose fresh mushroom, as it create juicy and succulent texture)
- 2 garlic clove, slice or chop it rough
- 1/2 onion, slice it ( I used French shallot)
- 1-2 stalk parsley, slice it
- 5-6 stalk of chive, slice it rough
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp herb de provence
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- In medium size pan and medium high heat, put inside the vegetable oil, garlic and onion in, sautéed until fragrance. For some kick, you can also add some dried chilli.
- Put inside the mushroom and herb de provence in, sautéed for some few second, then add salt.
- Don’t cooked the mushroom too long, just until it is soft and juicy (take a bite to know whether it is done). Lastly put inside chive and parsley in.
- Ready to enjoy
- I enjoy mine with warm rice that I cooked with salt and sprinkle with chop parsley.