I still have some purple sweet potatoes in my stock, I just want to experimenting, and cold Panna cotta sound delicious. What I experimenting here is vegan version, I replace Gelatine with agar powder. Agar powder is healthier from in my opinion, it made from seaweed, and flavourless, so it is easy to blend with other ingredient.
I called it pudding back in my home country, my kids favourite dessert. This experiment were quite hit, all family member are loving it, it is soft and smooth, not overly sweet as all my army loved.
You can find agar powder in asian grocery store or in any vegan healthy shop, it is more easier to become vegan these days, like myself I never thought that I will be this way few years back, it seem to me being vegan is extreme move, but with this easy and delicious outcome I am not resist, with support from my partner and my kids, also I am giving up to cooked any animal based ingredient to them since they will just left it out.
So lets have fun snacking, vamos vamos !!
PURPLE SWEET POTATOES PANNA COTTA
SERVE 6 ramekin
- 1 cup mashes purple sweet potatoes ( in my opinion it is more fragrance and succulent, also have distinctive fragrance that I will instantly recognise)
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup un-refine white sugar (you may not used all this amount of sugar, adjusted according your preference)
- 750ml unflavoured coconut milk
- 650 ml water
- 7 gram good quality agar powder
- pinch of sea salt
- In a blender, put inside the mashed potatoes and some part of water, blend them until smooth then strain them and throw away the lump.
- In big heavy bottom pan, put inside the sweet potatoes smoothie, the water left, coconut milk, sugar, agar powder, vanilla extract and sea salt, mixing them well.
- In medium heat, put the pan and cooked it until boiling, keep stir to avoid lump in the bottom of the pan.
- After it boiling, take out from the heat and strain again one more time before putting it into ramekin.
- Let it cooled and firm
- Serve it cool and garnishes according your preference