I love tom yam, it is taste like life, sour, spicy, balance of salty and sweetness, with texture of herb and vegetable, that is how I express life, interesting and intriguing in many way *sigh haha.
At first I thought quite complicated to create one, but after experience it myself, it was quite easy, all you need is fresh ingredient, when you got one, you will get perfect meal. Enjoy this dishes while it hot, it was quite experience, I was once taste a good tom yam in Thailand, when you got everything almost perfect even in the street and this recipe is worthy for every mess.
I am not going too long and too much talk here, let’s have a life
VEGAN ZUCCHINI NOODLE TOM YAM
SERVE 2 generous portion
- 100 gram zucchini noodle
- 5-6 slice fried tofu
- 2 portabello mushroom , slice it
- 1 medium tomatoes, slice it chunk
- 1 tbs thai chili paste (put 2 tbs if you love spicy and thick broth)
- 1 small size of onion, slice it
- 2 garlic clove, slice it
- 3 lemon grass, take the white part and slice it
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, shredded to emerge the fragrance
- 2 chunk slice of galangal
- 6 bird eye chilli (add more if you love spicy)
- Juice from 2 lime (add more if you like more sour)
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- handful of coriander leaves
- In medium size pot and medium high heat, put inside the vegetable stock and thai chilli paste, boiled them.
- When the stock are boiling, put inside the herb (lemon grass, onion, garlic, galangal, lime leaves, and chilli), put the stock boiling again, then season with salt and sugar, give a taste and adjust it according your preference.
- When the stock are perfect, put inside the zucchini noodle, slice tomatoes, mushroom and tofu, then cooked them for 2-3 minute.
- Lastly before off from the heat put inside half coriander (just tear it roughly) and lime juice, give a taste again to adjust the sourness.
- Serve it while hot and sprinkle with the extra coriander.