I Love rice pudding, and in here, where I living there are a bunch of ready to eat delicious rice pudding. But the thing is, mostly they are made from cream and milk, which most of the time if possible I choose not to devour it, since it will make me ill.
This dessert are my family favourite. Yesterday my son asking for this, usually my husband asking for this too, serve cold, while my son would prefer it warm. So versatile for any season, and winter is coming.
I serve this in the evening with dried fruit and seeds as dinner dessert, it is good, I previously also did this, with brown rice and serve with fresh fruit, it was here BROWN RICE PUDDING INFUSE WITH GINGER AND CINNAMON and I want something different this time, so I add rose water, and it turn good, you just need 1 tsp to infuse this portion otherwise it would overwhelmed the flavour. I made this pudding less sweet because I want some dried fruit to serve it.
NOTE: If you don’t have rose water, you can used 1-2 vanilla pod or good quality vanilla extract.
And here the recipe..
RICE PUDDING INFUSE WITH CINNAMON AND ROSE WATER
- 3/4 cup rice (if you want to have plump and fat pudding used round grain rice, if you want texture with a bit crunch used long grain rice)
- 3 cup almond milk (or any plant based milk you’d prefer)
- 1/3 cup unrefined sugar
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 tsp rose water
- In medium pan and medium heat, put almost all ingredient together, except for rose water. Let them simmer.
- When the liquid are almost absorbed but the rice, put inside the rose water, stir it well, continue to cooked until the liquid only left in the surface and stir it well.
- The remain liquid that left in that surface with maintain the pudding moist and creamy.
- Ready to serve, serve it with any dried fruit, nut, seed or even fresh fruit as you prefer. or Even with sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Here is what I have in the morning after, I serve it as breakfast and I also have black tea infuse with rose petal.