Here I go again, my second breakfast or my pre lunch meal *hehe. I now more sound like a Hobbit, any excuse to have bowl of this and that. But I think this one is healthy, in my defend, even though this one are look like baby food, believe me they are full burst of texture and crunch with soft mellowness of rice.
Even though you need an effort to make this one, the process are not as simple as it look, at least you need 30 minute, minimum. I don’t know why, I love something in elaborate process lately, elaborate in my opinion doesn’t mean elaborate to yours. As a flavour are more ripening during the cooking process.
My kids are crazy about porridge, just simple rice porridge with salt and pepper, without anything, it sound like less nutrient, but yeah that they are. They get some nutrient from somewhere else *in my defend.
Okay, alright, here we are, shall we?
VEGGETABLE PORRIDGE BREAKFAST
- 1 Cup rice (choose round grain rice, as it more succulent and soft), wash it in running water.
- 750ml vegetable broth
- 1 celery stalk, dice it fine
- 1/2 onion, dice it same size as the celery (you must be roll your eyes, but you always can do it as your prefer)
- 1 carrot, dice it fine
- 1 handfull of champignon mushroom, chop it rough
- 2 garlic clove, chop it rough
- 1 shallot, dice it
- 2 leaves of Chinese cabbage, slice it rough (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 spring onion to serve, slice it fine
- Fried onion to serve
NOTE:If you have sweet basil leave or Thai basil, you can add it into the porridge, which it is make some edgy flavour.
- In medium pot and medium heat, put inside the rice and broth, simmer it, season it with sea salt and pepper.
- While waiting for the rice, in medium pan and medium heat, put inside the celery, onion, carrot, garlic and shallot, stir it until quite soft, then put inside the Chinese cabbage and mushroom, season with sea salt and pepper, give it a taste, corrected according your preference. Take out from the heat, to maintain the texture.
- When the vegetable broth are almost all to be absorbed by the rice, the rice are fluffier and soft, put inside the vegetable. Continue to cooked until all the liquid are absorbed.
- Serve it hot with sprinkle of spring onion and fried onion.