Last weekend, we went into this typical Spanish restaurant chain. It was been twice we ordered same menu, that was cilantro lime rice, it was delicious. It was inspired me with something different, rice mix with cilantro lime pesto, like Italian pesto only using cilantro instead of basil and using lime instead of lemon. I was read the original recipe, and I want the other way round.
I want to keep this simple, as I have a patience problem for long cooking hours, unless I really want to eat that certain food, then long cooking hours wont be my problem *hehe. Sorry early year stress, time goes by in a blink of eyes, quite frightening isn’t it?. Move.. don’t listen to me.
This recipe also more easy to enjoy, as you can make the pesto ahead before and mix it with rice any time you want it. I also company this rice with stir fried vegetable using the very same pesto to resonate the rice. Here all you need.
RICE WITH CILANTRO LIME PESTO
SERVE 1 Portion
- 1 plate of warm rice (I choose Thai Jasmine rice, bacause it succulant, fluffy and fragrance)
- Chop corriander for sprinkle serve
- Roughly grind nuts of preference to serve
CILANTRO LIME PESTO
- 1 handful cilantro, if possible for you please include the stalk, as it the core of fragrance.
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice from 1/2 of lime
- 2 tsb toasted pine nut or replace it with your preference nut
- 4 tsb extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Blend until silky the cilantro lime pesto ingredient above, put it in tight close jar and keep it in fridge.
- Blend 1 tbs pesto with the warm rice, sprinkle with chop cilantro and grind nuts.
- Ready to serve
- If you want to, stir fried vegetable like mine. My recipe will be available in the next post.