Yeayy, my season are finally coming, I am feeling like an animal that woken up when it season to live are coming, mostly I was autopilot during all summer, sluggish and unproductive creatively, It is easily crushing to live in cyber world on now days, when the society rushing you to keep going, to run in a fast pace of world that never enough. While you know your body need to break and most importantly deserve to break. Hoaammm for whatever it is, I just woke up from my sleep, so excuse me for any weird words.
When you go to foreign grocery shop or any shop that un-usual for you, tried and take your time to see what do they have, sometime you will find something new, something that you never know or taste before, something that off your palate, something that you are going to learn to like it. Even though in case of this recipe, I do know, I love Thai food, for any kind of them (Just yesterday I know, that there such ingredient called tomatillo, which it is look like tomato but have soft cover skin).
Maybe this recipe are not practical for you, because maybe you will find a difficulty to find the paste, but you can steal the idea. You can put any Thai inspired paste as an idea to replace it and play it as you please. For the rest only easy classic ingredient. I have shiitake, portobello and zucchini. You can put any vegetable you love.
I enjoy with fragrance fluffy jasmine rice and this vegetable stir-fried, also traditional Indonesian garlic chilli, I feel like being transfer into rice field in afternoon warm breeze, while I sitting freezing in my sofa enjoy it. Such a beautiful paradoxical setting, isn’t it?
AUTUMN STIRFRIED WITH SUMMER HEAT (VEGETABLE STIR FRIED IN CHILLI AND SWEET BASIL PASTE)
Serve 2 Portion
- 1 tbs chilli and sweet basil paste
- 5 red bird eye chilli
- 1 green chilli, seed out and slice it
- 1 shallot, dice it
- 2 clove of garlic, crush and chop it roughly
- 2 spring onion, slice it (separate between white and green part, white as a sautéed, green as sprinkle lastly)
- 2 spring of cilantro, stalk to sautéed and chop leaves to serve.
- 1 small zucchini, slice it as you please
- Hand-full (4-5) shiitake mushroom
- Hand-full of small portobello mushroom , slice it half
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In medium size pan and medium heat, put inside the oil, shallot, garlic, bird eye chilli, chilli paste, white part of spring onion, cilantro stalk. Sautéed until fragrance.
- When it fragrance put inside all the vegetable, sautéed for a while, season with sea salt and pepper.
- Continue to stir, don’t forget to give it a taste, the paste are already being seasoned so be careful on how much you put the salt. Don’t cooked too long to maintain their texture.
- Sprinkle with green part of spring onion and chop of cilantro leaves. Then take out from the heat.
- Ready to serve, you can enjoy it as it is or with rice.