The wind are blowing strong these days, autumn are really here. It was cold, cloudy, windy day. I want to have something warm and spicy to start my days and been thinking about this recipe for couple of days. But morning are as hectic as usual this and that, while this recipe are need to be prepare beautifully, and to be prepare only for me? it is not worthy enough to be snuggling in between my hectic morning time.
But the time are finally arrived, in between mid day, with empty stomach, finally I have time to prepare this meal, and it worth every minute of preparation and waiting, it turn to be creamy, spicy hot, tangy, everything I need to celebrate this autumnal season.
As seasoning I used green Thai curry paste from bottle, ahemmm as usual hehe. But I also prepare some fresh ingredient to elevate the flavour. Instead of using onion or shallot, I used spring onion to mild down the Green Thai curry paste, also bunch of fresh cilantro and bite of spicy green chilli, yum yum.
You sure can do your free cooking style, the essential for this recipe are Green Thai curry and tangy cilantro, for some wake up calling you can do squeeze some lime juice, but for me I drizzle even more cream hehe. It is autumn, time to indulge for something warm. Also for hidden umami flavour I used couple of fresh shiitake mushroom, you just need to close your eyes and meditate during enjoying this happy breakfast or in my case it is snack hehe.
So, shall we dancing into the rain?
AUTUMNAL COURGETTE GREEN THAI SOUP
SERVE 2 small portion
- 1 spring onion, slice it roughly, store a bit the green part to serve later
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 spicy green chilli, seen in ( come on I dare you)
- 1 tsp spicy green Thai curry
- 1 small size courgette, dice it in medium size
- Handful of cilantro, just tear it down roughly
- 4 fresh shiitake mushroom, slice it
- 100 ml vegan cream
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 teaspoon sugar to tame down to spiciness and to balance the flavour
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- In medium size pot and medium heat, put inside the vegetable oil, garlic spring onion, green chilli, cilantro and green Thai paste, sautéed just until fragrance.
- After the basic seasoning are fragrance, put inside courgette and shiitake mushroom, continue to sautéed until it turn soft, then put inside the vegetable stock
- Continue to cooked until it boiling, then put inside the cream. Give a little season of salt, pepper and sugar, be careful on salt just in case it already too salty.
- After the cream in, just let it boiled for second, taking it off from the heat and blend the soup until it smooth (if you still have some fresh cilantro, add few stalk before you blend the soup, the fresh cilantro would add some tangy freshness into the soup).
- Ready to serve, I serve mine with another fresh cilantro, drizzle of another cream and slice of green part spring onion. If you really need some level of freshness, squeeze fresh lime juice into the soup. Enjoy
This how I enjoy my breakfast