Still continuation from previous post, my favourite Nasi Uduk. Even-though specifically this food are not everyone favourite in the house, but for me it is a comfort food. Like my collection of warm blanket, which give me protection from my own meltdown, or those kind of things hehe. I tried to not put consolation on food, I could say arrogantly that I don’t have tendency on certain addiction, which I hope not on any my future. I would only say food are like remedy which work for me anytime, to walk on memory lane of my child hood, to satisfied my curiosity, to cure my boredom by experimenting, and on and on.
So to make some excuse of making Nasi Uduk or turmeric rice is to enjoy this fried noodle (wether it rice noodle or normal one) . The basic ingredients are similar to my fried noodle, I think I posted somewhere in my blog. But here as follow are the recipe.
FRIED GLASS NOODLE
- 150 gram rice noodle, soaked in hot water until soft and rinse it in cold water.
- 1 big size shallot, slice it
- 3 garlic cloves, slice it
- 1/2 celery stalk, trim and remove the hard fiber then slice it
- Few spring celery leaves, slice it
- 1 carrot, slice it julienne
- 1 scallion, slice it (separate white and green part)
- 1 tbs vegan stir fried sauce
- 1-2 tbs sweet soy sauce (replace with 2 tbs light soy sauce and 3 tsp brown sugar)
- Sea salt and pepper
- In medium heat and medium pan, put inside shallot, garlic, celery stalk and white part of the scallion, sautéed until soften then put inside the carrot, continue stir until the carrot soften too.
- After everything soften put inside the rice noodle and all the seasoning (vegan stir fried sauce, sweet soy sauce or the substitute, sea salt and pepper. Be careful of the salt amount, since the soy sauce is salty enough, better give it a taste and add gradually). Don’t forget to give it a taste and adjusted accordingly.
- Lastly sprinkle with celery leaves and green part of the scallion. Stir and thoroughly one more time until everything mix perfectly, then take out from the heat.
- Ready to serve