I should remind you, that I am lazy and this post is continuation from previous post. Most of the time, I cooked extra, for some leftover because I love leftover. It usually indulge with intense flavour because of reheating hehehe. But I love those intense and rich flavour.
SO here is the idea for you, you can remake something and make it even more better or even more delicious. In cooking, as former engineer, the mindset of “if not broken don’t fix it” is long gone, I throw it into the sea hahaha.
From previous post of “Light coconut curry” , I have left over coconut milk broth which I don’t have a heart to just throw it away. So I add to them, Good quality frozen mix vegetable which consist, egg plant, small cube of potatoes, green bean, and carrot (frozen vegetable are good, they usually froze when the veggies on its peak season and it froze on it best freshness). I love frozen veggies, will always have it somewhere snuggling comfortably in my freezer, it come handy on emergency, learn about lockdown of this year pandemic.
The Shirataki noodle itself are come from my sheer of curiosity, as it alternative to less carb and less calorie source of food, and contain good amount of fibre, it made from Yam originally from Japanese. Not that I avoiding carb (I have rice and bread as a breakfast, duh), but basically I love noodle in any of it form.
Shirataki noodle have peculiar in both flavour and texture for me, but I love it. The texture are chewy, need sometime to merge on flavouring and seasoning, and maybe because of it high amount of fibre, this noodle make me feel full for long amount of time (and I always thinking about food), hehe.
If you don’t have any coconut milk broth left over, here below are the recipe to make it from scratch.
SHIRATAKI NOODLE IN CURRY VEGETABLE SOUP
- 1 and 1/2 cup frozen mix vegetable (or used fresh vegetable like in my previous post)
- 1 pack shirataki noodle, rinse it under cold running water, and set aside until ready to used
- 1 shallot, slice it
- Thumb size ginger, crush it
- 1 tsp full of mild Indian curry paste
- Few spring coriander leave to serve (don’t throw the stalk, to put it inside the curry)
- Sea salt, sugar and pepper
- 500 ml light coconut milk
- 500 ml water
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- In medium size pot and medium heat, put inside the vegetable oil, curry paste, shallot and ginger, sautéed until the shallot soft and the curry paste come together with other ingredient.
- After the basic ingredient come together, put inside the water and let it boiled.
- Then put inside all the vegetable and coconut milk. Let is simmer in medium heat.
- After the broth simmering put inside sea salt, sugar and pepper. Then give it a taste, corrected accordingly.
- Lastly put inside the coriander stalk for adding extra fragrance.
- Plate the Shirataki noodle in bowl then add good amount of the broth and veggies, lastly sprinkle of coriander leaves. I add some fried shallot to mine. Ready the serve.