Comfort Rumanian food, the perk of living in multicultural country are, I get to devoured other culture too, which I love it so much, rooting of my food indulgence. Are thrilling for me to learn another food from other culture, it rich me beyond words.
I wont say that this recipe are authentic, but I still love it nevertheless
I got this recipe from my Rumanian friend that living here in Madrid, so simple to make, aside from the preparation you could just leave it until the flavour are merging and cooked perfectly. I wont talk for far too long, because I am too exciting.
Ce mai faci? sa mergem?
CIORBĀ DE VARZĀ
- 1/4 medium size cabbage, slice it rough or according your preference, you also could add more if you wanted to
- 2 medium size carrot, dice it
- 1 big size onion, dice it
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, or you also could used dried thyme
- 250 ml tomatoes sauce, I used Spanish Tomate frito, which it tomatoes sauce that already cooked with onion and celery which is taste so good. You could used normal tomatoes sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil t sauteed
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- sea salt and black pepper to seasoned
- In medium size pot and medium heat, put inside the olive oil, onion and carrot, sautéed until fragrance.
- When the aromatic are fragrance, put inside the vegetable broth and tomatoes sauce, seasoned with sea salt and load of black pepper. Put inside the thyme.
- Give it a taste and corrected it accordingly, lastly put inside the cabbage, continue to cooked until the cabbage and carrot are soft, the flavour balance and merged perfectly.
- Take out from the heat and ready to serve hot.