My snacking, this recipe are very inspired by Korean cuisine, I don’t know about North Korea *gasp, but I love to watch south Korean eating their food which include so much passion. I love to snacking this kind of food during mid day, by snacking, this also can have a meaning lunch for me, if it make me feel full enough. I rather snacking something that satisfying than snacking stuff like potatoes cracker or thing similar to it. Also for me, it is important to eating mindfully.
To make this is also easy peasy, but I think first thing first you need to find the ingredient, the ingredient for me here are quite easy to find, there are abundant of Asian grocery store here. I choose rice cake in slice style, it is more quick to cooked compare to the one that used in tteokbokki recipe. what makes this recipe hit off was I put pinch of dried seaweed. It is become really fragrance like sipping a bowl full of ocean taste.
I enjoy bowl of this with bunch of veggie. The way I eat it, I put some of rice cake in the vegetable leaf then wrap them and put it in my mouth, it is like munching mouthful of freshness, chewiness, sweet salty ocean and spicy broth.
Owwhh, taste it with me…
SPICY RICE CAKE MY WAY
SERVE 1 Bowl of deliciousness
- 1 handfull of rice cake
- 2 tbs gochugaru
- 1 tbs gochujang
- 2 garlic, chop it finely
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs dried seaweed (you can add it more if you want to, this is so delicious)
- 400ml water
- 1 tsp dried bird eye chilli for extra hot — optional
- 1 spring onion, slice it rough — optional
- In small pot and medium high heat, put inside the water, gochugaru and gochujang. Let them boiled.
- when the water boiling put inside chop garlic, sea salt and brown sugar, stir it well. Give it a taste, correcting the flavour according your preference.
- After the flavour are in balance, put inside the rice cake and dried seaweed. Cooked until the rice cake are soft and fluffy.
- After the rice cake are soft, it is ready to enjoy.
- You can enjoy it right away or like me, wrap it with vegetable.
NOTe: Just optional, you can also put soft tofu during boiling the rice cake, to add some more nutrient into this snack.