I seriously tried to make my swingy mood better, as I felt worsen in the past recent month, while I also did some check list on how I felt after consuming certain food. I digging on how effective enough magnesium and B12 will help me, and I notice the result, I certainly feel good. But that could be how I suggest my mind to, the power of mind.
I feel quite bored with spinach, by eat it pack after pack. The other day I saw very sexy green pok choy, even though initially I don’t exactly know what to do with them, I still bough them anyway. Then I remember one recipe from my homeland, that is Butter chicken. I am thinking to exchange chicken with pok choy, it taste good.
It is good, crunchy, sweet, salty and savoury. My adventure here are, I put some Worcestershire sauce, which I rarely used, It taste quite odd if you can not put it in balance with other ingredient, that is how I thought, but maybe because I am not accustomed to the flavour.
For the rest I keep it simple, I used egg here, since it rich with B12 and most light compare to other source of B12 rich food (I still avoiding to eat red meat, chicken, fish or anything that come from animal as far as I could, since I have difficulty to digest it I think, red meat to be specific, too complicated digestion problem and too complicated anxiety problem). My severe gastritis might be also the factor for me to prone of B12 deficiency, it is like circle of hell.
I enjoy this dishes with arugula stir fried with garbanzo, which I will posted next. It is only simple simple dishes, that you could enjoy in 20 minute cooking.
So lets go.
POK CHOY IN WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
Serve 2 portion
- 4 small pok choy, trim it according your preference, I just put it whole (I blancing the Pok choy, which is technique that put the vegetable in boiling hot water for a seconds then shock them with ice water, to maintain the texture, colour and flavour)
- 2 far garlic, crush and chop
- 1/2 sweet onion, slice it (or take your favourite onion, but don’t choose the red one, as it will be give a redness to the green hehe)
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs sweet soy sauce
- 1/4 cup baby green peas (petit pois)
- 1 tbs corn starch, dissolve in 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp smoke liquid
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Toasted sesame seed to serve — optional
- Dried chilli to serve — optional
- For the pock coy, in one medium pot boiling water, put them in for few seconds and shock them with icy cold water. Then rinse it dried.
- For the sauce, in medium pan and medium heat, put inside the vegetable oil, garlic and sweet onion. Sautéed until soft and fragrance.
- When the based seasoning are fragrance, put inside the Worcestershire sauce, sweet sauce, and baby green peas.
- Continue to put water and cornstarch mixture, stir it well. Put inside the liquid smoke.
- Continue to stir until it have thick texture, at this point give it a taste, put some sea salt and black pepper. Just add extra salt if necessary.
- After the sauce ready, pour it to pok choy, and ready to serve. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed and dried chilli.