Sometime, something small, simple and look insignificant can be truly deceiving. That how I’d called this recipe, I was just so hungry, I don’t know what to eat and what to cook, but I just want to have Pao and shiitake. Usually I eat Pao just as it is, steam and that is all, no filling, no sauce, no anything. This time I want something different and also because I was hungry so I want something that bit fulfilling.
I was standing so long in front of my fridge, what to put-what to put, at the end I just put so basic seasoning, just garlic, pepper and salt, that is all, ah no that’s all, I also put just a bit smoke liquid, to put as a guest star.
At first I have so many thing in mind, put like shiitake barbecue, shiitake in pull pork style, but then I just realise that idea need a lot of work, so I just giving up on salt and pepper hehe. I specifically choose Pao, because it is so fluffy, light and warm, just like eating cloud, but if you can find any of it, you can used tortilla wrap, of even burger bun. At first initially I am going to put avocado aioli but that is also need some work hehe, so I just put sweet spicy sauce instead.
Do you hungry? let’s go
SERVE 4 Pao sandwich
- 1 fat garlic, crush it, and chop
- 1 small stalk of celery, stalk for sautéed and leaves to serve
- Handful of shiitake, 5-6 pieces, slice it
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoke liquid
- 1 avocado, slice it
- 4 Pao bun, steam it, serve it hot and fluffy
- Sweet and spicy sauce
- Toasted sesame seed
- In very hot pan and medium heat, put inside the garlic and celery stalk (I intently not put some oil, because I want to be taste “grill” like) keep an eye for it.
- Then continue to put inside the sea salt and pepper, continue to put the mushroom inside, cooked until the mushroom soft and put the smoke liquid in, stir quick until dried and give a taste. When everything please you take out from the heat.
- Ready to serve
- Mine are, I put a tbs of the mushroom, avocado and I drizzle with sweet-spicy sauce. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed and celery leaves.
Note: Please don’t tease my avocado, it is looked fresh and firm but yeah, you know my problem.