This quite unusual combo, but the heat will be warmed your cold stomach and maybe your cold heart too *sigh. Initially I have difficulty to choose, do I want to make red Thai curry or Tom yam soup, which is quite interesting to do both, Owh I feel being torn *fainting dramatically, seem like my tantrum doesn’t heal yet hehe.
Finally I choose to have Red Thai curry which I enjoy with my daughter, She got cold for almost a week, the heat are warming his stomach and I tried to make her comfortable by food, she also big fan of sea weed. We enjoy it as out second breakfast *hehe.
I want to make it another bowl for my lunch later, it is quick to make as long as you have Red Thai curry paste, I always have good quick paste in my fridge just in case. Also did quite fridge foraging actually, I know that I want to have tofu and seaweed but my fat Shiitake also caught my eyes so I put them too, it is like ocean of warm umami.
So shall we have a breakfast?
TOFU SEAWEED SOUP THAI STYLE
Serve 2 small bowl
- 1 Tbs good red Thai curry paste
- 2 shiitake mushroom, slice it
- 1 tbs dried wakame seaweed (this will be become good enough amount for this recipe, this dried wakame usually already in small shape in one bite size)
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes, slice in a half
- 70 gram firm dice tofu (you absolutely can add some more)
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon or replace the water in this recipe with vegetable stock.
- 2 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 3-4 stalk cilantro
- 2 spring onion, slice it rough
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- in small medium sauce pan and medium heat, put inside the vegetable and red Thai curry paste, stir awhile until fragrance, but be careful not to burn them (mine was almost burn).
- Put inside the vegetable stock or the water continue with tofu, let them boiled.
- After it boiling put inside the coconut milk and the rest of the ingredient, let them boiled once again then take them out from the heat. Don’t forget to give them a taste and corrected accordingly.
- Ready to serve, I serve mine with slice avocado and cilantro stalk (I put avocado on everything just for you to know hehe).