Last year I was taking pottery class. This plate I am using to serve this dishes are one of that I made. I used it as an inspiration to create this spring roll. Summer blue sky, dried grass from burning sun, then this dishes, crunchy golden skin with freshness vegetable inside, what a combo.
I love beautiful things, who don’t? Beautiful thing for me not necessarily expensive things, sometime like ability to enjoy the sound of rain are precious privilege for me, it beautiful thing to do, just sit down in my room, listen to it and being in peace (total introvert luxury). Listen birds chirping in summer morning, I do living in pack apartment building but I have a lot of birds living in a back of my apartment and their sound are so peacefully beautiful in the morning.
I love to enjoy some cheap thrill of delicious cheap food, which sometime even-though it cheap, it intricate to make, like this dishes. The art of folding into this shape, need some patient and dedication, at least for me haha.
SO let’s have some cheap thrill with me.
Vegetable Spring Roll
- 1 pack ready to used spring roll sheets
For the filling
- 1 shallot, slice it
- 2 cloves of garlic, crush it and chop
- 1 medium size carrot, slice it julienne
- 3-4 green bean, slice it fine
- 100 gram rice glass noodle (soaked in boiling water, after it soft rinse with cold water)
- 1 stalk parsley, slice
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- Pinch of sugar to balance the flavor
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Vegetable oil to fried
- In medium size pan and medium heat, put inside the vegetable oil, when it hot enough put inside shallot and garlic, sautéed until fragrance.
- After shallot and garlic are fragrance put inside the carrot and green bean sautéed until soft then put inside the rice glass noodle.
- After the noodle in, put inside the seasoning (salt, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and sesame oil if you used it). Mixing it evenly and give it a taste (corrected accordingly).
- When everything is perfect (flavor and mixing good) , take it out from the heat and let it cool.
How to put it together
- Take one sheet of spring roll, take one table spoon of the filling, put it in the bottom triangle of the sheet and folded like envelope then rolled like cigar. Seal the edge of the sheet with water (dip your finger lightly in the water then applied in the sheet then folded to the end of roll to sealed it) then you will get perfectly shape spring roll.
- Finished the filling.
- Deep fried in hot oil until golden and crunchy.