Here it was, It was from my summer while I know it is summer, but I am in the mood of hot spicy comfort food for my breakfast. Sometime this kind of food are my fixer, from last night rabbit hole, tend to wake up in the middle of night remembering some mistake few years ago, sometime petty one haha, fall a sleep again in nearly rush morning and wake up with moody mind from lack of sleep.
Mushroom soup is my favourite, even for my daughter and she hate mushroom so much. I love it so much, I am not limited my soup on certain mushroom, back again it all depend on my mood. Want something stingy and energising then I have shiitake mushroom, bunch of them. If I half awake and want some slap, then I make this recipe, which chilli for some bite. When feel a bit mellow and want something to ease up with clean palette then I have white button mushroom, it also not fussy too, because easy to find and cheap. I love cheap things hahaha.
I top the soup with arugula that I grow in my windowsill, I never know that fresh cut arugula are taste so delicious. Simple easy food, even I am not sure if it worth the effort for breakfast, but it is worth for me, to lift morning mood filled with gratitude and grateful.
Here all you need,
BREAKFAST SPICY MUSHROOM SOUP
- 300 gram portobello mushroom or used white button mushroom ( I want strong pungent flavour to slap me in my morning face, and I have portobello mushroom sitting in my fridge)
- 2 stalk of celery, slice
- 1 small carrot, slice or dice
- 1 shallot, dice (or Onion, since Onion are too sharp for me, I replace it with shallot)
- 3 garlic, crush
- 150ml plant based cream
- 200ml water
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Arugula to top it (optional)
- In medium pot and medium heat, put inside olive oil, shallot, celery, carrot and garlic, sautéed until fragrance.
- After fragrance put inside the mushrooms, sautéed until mushrooms soft then put the water in, put the seasoning in then let it boiled.
- When the soup are boiling, give it a taste (corrected it accordingly) then put the cream in.
- Let it boiled for few minute then take it off from the heat.
- Blend the soup until smooth and silky and ready to enjoy.
- I top mine with fresh arugula, chili flake and fried shallot.