I love fridge foraging so much, when I’m lucky I could build something delicious from it. I hate waste, and my fridge almost empty most of the time. I’ve learned that grocery shop base on what I need and not hoarding on extra fresh food could avoid me from waste, both waste of money and waste of ingredient.
In here, because I have fresh cilantro. I look for possibility on my fridge, only have half of Romanesco and I know I have potatoes somewhere. So I know what I want, Indian style curry, with spices from the bottle, trying to keep it simple.
So here we are, you can make this if you want to make simple meal or even next move snacking, you can call it snacking, yeah.
MY FRIDGE FORAGING CURRY
SERVE 2 Portion
- 1/2 head Romanesco or medium size broccoli, slice it per branch.
- 1 big potatoes, cube it
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 shallot, slice it
- 1 bayleaf
- 500ml thin coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper
- bunch stalk of fresh cilantro
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- In medium pot and medium high heat, put inside the vegetable oil, slice shallot, bayleaf and curry powder, sautéed until fragrance.
- Put inside the coconut milk after the flavour base are fragrance, along with cubes potatoes.
- Continue to cooked until the potatoes are soft, then seasoned with sea salt and pepper. Don’t forget to give it a taste, and corrected it accordingly.
- Lastly put inside the Romanesco, cooked it just until the broth back to boiled then take it out from the heat, so you still could taste the crunchiness of the Romanesco.
- While the broth are smoking hot, put inside the cilantro.
- Ready to serve