Here is the idea, for this recipe you can used any basic bread roll of your favourite. I just throw some idea.
This was start with, I have leftover pizza dough, that need to be immediately cooked as it yeast based. My daughter was super curious with the idea of making mini pizza and we make plenty pizza dough. Then she think that she have enough mini pizza, et voila leftover dough.
Basically this was create base on my random act of “don’t know what to do with this leftover”, didn’t had anything significant in my pantry, and I didn’t want something heavy, but I had baked sweet potatoes in my oven. Skeptical too, but I was ready for anything as a result.
Then I was thinking about cinnamon roll, as quite sometime I don’t have it and feel like kind of missed it. This kind of experiment that, “well this turned not so bad”. I don’t want something super sugary and heavy like traditional cinnamon roll.
SO, I mashed sweet potatoes for more or less 1 cup, mix it with 1 tsp of vanilla extract, 2 tbs brown sugar (you could used less, but I want something to balance the dough) 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon. and that’s it. AND by the way for the bread dough I used from allrecipe website, find for pizza dough, it was more like American style pizza with thick pillowy bread, but you can used any of your favourite bread recipe.
CINNAMON ROLL WITH CINNAMON-Y SWEET POTATOES FILLING
- Ready to used bread dough, for the quantity it really depend on your need.
Cinnamon-y sweet potatoes filling (mix all below ingredient well through)
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tbs of brown sugar (you can used less or add more, I want some balance with the heavy pizza dough)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Extra ground cinnamon to serve
- Powder sugar to serve
- Vegan butter for brushing
- Pre-heat the oven for 180 C degree
- In flat surface, flattened the dough into 1 cm thickness, then spread the sweet potatoes filling for 2/3 into the flattened dough.
- Slowly roll the dough from the side that have filling, move slowly into the plain one.
- Slice the roll as you please (for the width).
- Put the slice roll into the baking pan with base of parchment paper, give a space the roll between each other for room to proofing, then leave it a side and let it rise for 20-30 minute.
- Bake into the oven for 15-20 minute (really depend on your oven).
- Take off from the oven when the surface are golden then brush with vegan butter while it’s hot.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar and ground cinnamon to serve.