All right, maybe to make this as breakfast are going to cost you some trouble if you don’t have baked potatoes in hand, or I don’t think anyone would invest time to bake some sweet potatoes in the morning just for sake to have this breakfast, unless it’s weekend or unless you have leftover like me. So feel free to skip the sweet potatoes cinnamon part.
But, in case you want to know the recipe of sweet potatoes cinnamon, the recipe are right before this post. Just sweet thing to add into this porridge, for some deep flavour than only bland oatmeal porridge. For me, I don’t really big fan of oatmeal porridge, but since devour it add some benefit into my body then I will.
I make this porridge for my afternoon snack, I feel my blood sugar were plummeting into the ground, since I realised that I only had few slices of cereal toast, and I mean by few were maybe 4-5 slices hehehe, but that was all, I didn’t have anything solid entering my stomach.
I crave for another slice of cereal toast with peanut butter and drizzle of maple syrup. Wait a minute. That was when I realised I didn’t ate anything at all. Yep, nope, no more slice of toast. Then I head into my fridge to find something sweet to eat. That was my journey to used sweet potatoes cinnamon as my porridge companion, because I have little leftover in my fridge. Sweet enough to pump my blood sugar.
In case you don’t want trouble and just want to devour some easy bowl of peaceful porridge, skip the sweet potatoes cinnamon. I add some brown sugar and vanilla extract to make up the bland oatmeal flavour, and later I also sprinkle with extra ground cinnamon and drizzle of maple syrup.
Here we go the recipe
OATMEAL PORRIDGE WITH PEANUT BUTTER AND SWEET POTATOES CINNAMON
Note : if you want to used sweet potatoes cinnamon, please check my previous post. But you can freely omit it, and replace it with another something sweet. Or just add another amount of sugar into the porridge.
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 table spoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Berries or fruit of your preference as a topping
- 1 tbs peanut butter to serve
- 3 tbs sweet potatoes cinnamon to serve — optional
- Extra drizzle of maple syrup to serve — optional
- Extra ground cinnamon to serve — optional
- Pinch of salt of the porridge — optional
- In medium pot and medium heat, put inside the oatmeal, water and the sugar.
- Cooked them until bubbling away and the oatmeal cooked (I love mine have a lit bit texture, so when this base ingredients are mixing through, I will continue adding another ingredients if I have any. But you can continue to cooked until it turn very creamy).
- After the oatmeal cooked, put inside the vanilla extract and ground cinnamon, stirred it through. Give it a taste. You can add pinch of salt for extra dimension of flavour, or you can add more sugar if you needed too. Then take out from the heat.
- Reade to serve. Assemble the porridge as you prefer, I serve mine with with all above topping, as I super hungry and dizzy craving for sugar.