This dishes is like party to me, when I throw everything I love in one pan, say carb (owhh yes I love carb), smoky tofu, tomatoes sauce, spinach, avocado, sprinkle of chilies, say no more,
The main reason this dishes exist is from fridge foraging and I cooked anything I could find, but the idea are pasta in tomatoes sauce, the smoky tofu in tomatoes sauce are leftover from my vegan lasagna, so for the rest I just put it together.
You can steal the idea though, this dishes are very far from traditional, just the idea are the authentic one, for the rest are fusion. so I am so sorry traditionalist, this dishes are my interpretation from traditional Italian tomatoes sauce.
So shall we?
SMOKY TOFU PASTA IN TOMATOES SAUCE
- 250-300 gram smoke tofu or firm tofu, crumble it in chunk
- for the sauce 1 small carrot, 1/2 onion, 1 celery stalk, blitz it into food processor, as soffrito based.
- 300 ml tomatoes sauce
- 1 handfull of spaghetti
- 1 handfull of fresh basil
- 1 handfull fresh spinach
- 1/2 avocado to serve
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and pepper
- olive oil (light or extra virgin olive oil please used according your preference)
- In medium size pot and medium heat, boiled water to cooked the pasta, when the water are boiling put generous amount of sea salt then the pasta, cooked the pasta according to the packaging or until al dente (when it soften but you can still taste the bite), save some of the pasta water for later.
- For the sauce, in medium size pan and medium heat, put inside the olive oil, sautéed the crumble tofu until golden, then set aside.
- Then in the same pan, put inside the olive oil and soffrito based, sautéed until fragrance, when the based are fragrance put inside the tomatoes sauce, stirred it through, seasoned with sea-salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- Continue to cooked until it bubbling, when it bubbling, put inside the tofu, back to stirring through, don’t forget to give it a taste and corrected accordingly.
- When the taste are beautifully balance, put the basil leaves in.
- To assemble, in medium pan and medium heat, put few scoop of the sauce, bring the spaghetti in and splash of pasta water then, the spinach, cooked until the spinach are soften. Take out from the heat and ready to serve.
- I serve mine with slice avocado and sprinkle of chilies.
HUG AND LOTTA LOVE
So sorry if you may find this super inconvenient, but I really appreciate your support my dear reader. Every 5% of your donation, I donate it to Climate change movement
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated it would enable me to explore and experimenting on creating my vegan recipe adventure . Thank you so much
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly