Hello good morning everyone, I am going to introduce you into this Indonesian dishes heritage, Manado cuisine, Manado is the capital city of the Indonesian province of North Sulawesi, just for you to know.
Originally this dishes usually come from animal protein, I tried replace it with tofu, which is turn on equally good, because the highlight of this dishes come from, fresh, vibrant and fragrance broth. Spicy too, yumm, but you could always adjust it into your preference.
Since I got sick, I tried to maintain my plant-based way of eating as much as possible (I choose vegan restaurant or menu when eating out, and at home I create my own menu, since I can’t force the rest of my family member to follow the way I eat, even though my kids are rather in vegetarian side too), because this way of eating make me feel good, less fatigue, and I could directly tell the different.
Though being in plant based way of eating doesn’t mean it would be bland, I play a lot with spices, and vibrant Indonesian recipe that fills with vibrant herb and colourful spices, so it would far from boring, one of them are this recipe.
So, would you like to take a walk with me into Indonesian eating culture
- 250 Gram firm tofu, dice it square, or adjust into your preference
- Corn starch mixture, To coat the tofu mix this follow ingredient: 1/4 cup corn starch, 1/2 tsp fine sea salt, pepper, pinch of smoke paprika powder only to infused.
- 1 red chilli, slice it
- 1 lemon grass, crush the white part
- 2 lime leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 hand-full of basil leaves
- 2 tbs olive oil (light or extra virgin, please choose according to your preference) for sauteed the spices
- few tbs olive oil, I prefer light to pan fried the tofu
- 300ml water
- Sea-salt and sugar
The broth spices paste (blend this below ingredient into paste)
- 3 big shallot
- 3 garlic
- 2 red chilli
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cm ginger
- 5 candle nut or replace it with almond for same amount.
- Coat the tofu with the cornstarch mixture, then in medium pan and medium heat, pan fried the tofu with the light olive oil , until golden and set aside.
- in medium size pot and medium heat, put the olive oil in, the spices paste, lime leaves, bay leaves, lemon grass, sautéed until fragrance.
- After the spices fragrance put inside the water, seasoned with sea salt and sugar, then give it a taste, corrected accordingly.
- When the broth are beautifully balance, put inside the tofu, continue to cooked until it bubbling away.
- Lastly, before take it out from the heat, bring in the basil leaves.
- Ready to serve with warm rice or even noodle, enjoyy
HUG AND LOTA OF LOVE
So sorry if you may find this super inconvenient, but I really appreciate your support my dear reader. Every 5% of your donation, I donate it to Climate change movement
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated it would enable me to explore and experimenting on creating my vegan recipe adventure . Thank you so much
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly