Uhmmm another shiitake mushroom, I hope you are okay with that. I wont tired to telling you how much I love shiitake mushroom. The chewiness texture, the umami unique flavour, and it able hold the texture even after I reheat it, I love re heat my meals hehe.
I enjoy this dishes with a bowl of warm jasmine rice, top with fried onion, then chopstick, to be enjoy after long tired day, then I’d own great satisfying evening. How I always seek comfort on food, which I tried to do it in good way, I tried.
Also I have some leftover too, like always, which later I continue to enjoy this dishes with my Indonesian ramen (I posted next). Enjoying it in almost the same way as I enjoy it with my bowl of warm rice.
It is quite simple and quick to make this dishes, suitable for yep. after long tired day. I would called this dishes are stir fried, but, if you want to turned it into braised thick stew, you can freely add like 1/2 to 2/3 cup of water or vegetable stock for this recipe. Which also delicious to be enjoy with any warm carb hehehe.
So let’s go.
SHIITAKE IN SOY SAUCE
- 200 gram fat fresh shiitake mushroom, slice it, not necessarily thin.
- 4 fat cloves of garlic, crush it and chopped.
- 1 fat french shallot, slice it
- 2 spring onion, separate the white part and the green part
- 2 kefir lime leaves
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs agave syrup or replace with 1 tbs brown sugar
- A Pinch of curry powder
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbs neutral vegetable oil
- Slice of green part of spring onion to serve
- In medium size pan and medium heat, put inside the vegetable oil, garlic, kefir lime leaves, the white part of the spring onion and shallot. Sautéed them until fragrance.
- After they are fragrance, put inside the mushroom and all the sauces. Soy sauce, agave syrup (or brown sugar), pinch of curry powder. Stirring it thoroughly.
- After the mushroom are soft (the sign are, they changing in colour), then give it a taste, corrected it accordingly. The flavour should be balanced of salty, sweet with hint of spice.
- After all the flavour merge well, take out from the heat.
- Ready to serve, serve it with sprinkle of slice spring onion and if you want with toasted of sesame seed and fried onion.
Note: If you want to make this dishes as braised stew, After step 2, add 1/2 tp 2/3 cup of water or vegetable stock. Cooked until the liquid bubbling away, if you think it is too runny, add 1/2 tsp maizena flour to 4 tbs of water stir it well, then added it into the mushroom.
So sorry if you may find this super inconvenient, but I really appreciate your support my dear reader.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated it would enable me to explore and experimenting on creating my vegan recipe adventure . Thank you
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly