This are super lazy way to get comfort, I don’t know about things that comfort you, but for me cinnamon and ginger are among few things that give me instant comfort. I still can not move on from the winter.
It is entering blooming of spring, but enjoying small of this comfort at the end of the days, when everything seem to be hard and a lot of things that seem not finish, this dessert offering warm invisible blanket.
To make this also dead easy, the only thing is, I used ready to eat rice ball that available on frozen zone in Asian store. In Indonesia there are almost similar dessert to this, enjoy when the weather turn cold and rainy a lot. It is called “Wedang ronde”, I adapt from that dessert, taking the inspiration from it, and because I was too lazy to make the rice ball dumpling myself, I used ready to eat one, hehehe.
Here are my adaptation
RICE BALL IN GINGER AND CINNAMON BROTH
- 200 gram, ready to used rice ball
- 1 litre water
- 1 bark of cinnamon stick
- Big chunk of ginger, peel then slice it thick
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup brown sugar (really put the sugar as you prefer)
- Pandan Leave — optional
- Toasted sesame seed (originally it serve with toasted peanut, But I don’t have it in my pantry)
- In medium pot and medium heat, put inside the water, ginger, sugar, cinnamon stick and pandan leaves, let it boiled.
- When it boiled give it a taste and corrected it accordingly.
- Put inside the rice ball.
- When the rice ball are floating into the surface, the rice ball are cooked. Take off from the heat.
- Ready to serve with toasted sesame seed.
So sorry if you may find this super inconvenient, but I really appreciate your support my dear reader.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated it would enable me to explore and experimenting on creating my vegan recipe adventure . Thank you
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly