This are my taking on my mother in law comfort food, her stir fried broccoli are always comforting and welcoming to devour, the real simplicity are the ultimate sophistication, how such simple food could bring the soul in such a comfort, specially to be enjoy in cold weather or rainy day.
Only touch I add to this dishes are, I add fried firm tofu to add layer of texture and extra protein. My husband are devoured it peacefully so I assume it as stamp of validation :D.
Care to join me into my mother in law kitchen?
INDONESIAN CLASSIC BROCCOLI STIR FRIED WITH TOFU
- 1 small broccoli head, trim it per small stalk or into bite size
- 1 carrot, slice it into thin bite size
- 3 garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 french shallot, slice it — or substitute with half onion
- 1 celery stalk, slice it
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 tbs vegan oyster sauce
- 100 ml water
- 1 tbs olive oil
- In medium pan and medium heat, put inside the olive oil, garlic, shallot/onion, sautéed until fragrance, the bring in the carrot and celery continue to sautéed them just until they are wilted soft.
- Seasoned with the vegan oyster sauce, sea salt and pepper, the bring in the broccoli and the water.
- Let it boiled and give it a taste, corrected it accordingly.
- Take it out from the heat and ready to serve hot, preferably with warm jasmine rice. yummm