I always have leftover, few bites of this and that, cooked food or fresh ingredient. And I love leftover, it push me how to not throw it away.
In this case, was leftover baked sweet potatoes, purple sweet potatoes. Baked sweet potatoes are my kids comfort food, when I am stuck on feeding them, and they are stuck too, too bored to eat healthy, this baked sweet potatoes always work, never failed. But regardless it work, always some leftover for me to nibble or create it into something else.
That day, Madrid was lockdown from coronavirus, I don’t get multi-used flour from my neighbourhood supermarket, I think the world know how hectic it was (everything was swept over). In my cup board gather anything that I can used, for this recipe I used cake flour, but if you have multi used flour used that one.
Making this recipe are quite calming for me, since the situation quite unnerving, specially with my anxiety. But the bright side for me, I am so happy that I don’t have to going out, I’d happily staying at home.
Ah let’s moving on.
PURPLE SWEET POTATOES CREPES
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 small size sweet potatoes, if you could get the purple one, get one, it is more sweeter and have a beautiful colour. You could steam or baked it until soft (bake or steam with skin on).
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground chia seed (dissolve it in some part of almond milk) if you don’t have chia seed you can ground 1 tsp of chia seed
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Mix all wet ingredient together, stir it thoroughly.
- Mix dry ingredient in big bowl together, stir it thoroughly.
- In dry ingredient bowl, slowly add wet ingredient and stirring slowly until the mixture are form batter and smooth.
- To ensure there are no lump or seed, strain the batter, until it form smooth silky batter.
- In medium pan and medium high heat, coating with thin layer of vegetable oil, put spoonful batter into the pan (I used spoon broth), moving within the pan, so it create thin layer.
- When the surface are dried to touch, flip the crepes, and let it stay there for 2-3 minute.
- Finish all the batter,
- Serve with your favourite topping.