There is nothing more humble than this, and yes this are my breakfast. I tend to have big heavy breakfast such as rice or tostada cereales con tomate for my Spanish favorite breakfast. I don’t care if I maybe fallen into brainwashing idea from 60’s, saying breakfast are good for you as purpose of advertising certain idea. For what I know is, this idea are working for me.
My only consideration of this big breakfast idea is, it have to be healthy and balance. As for me, the purpose this specific time of meal are to give my body fuel, not making my body even more sluggish, as I naturally sluggish person hehehe. Also in my other defend, big breakfast made easy for me to control my whole day eating pattern and this is are the most important reason. Otherwise I would usually randomly eating and crave unhealthy amount of full sugar and fat containing food.
This broccoli breakfast is light, sweet and fresh, my kids favorite too. Yet easy to make. I have a rice as companion, but if rice is too heavy for you, you can have it as it is or with toast.
BREAKFAST GARLIC BROCCOLI AND CARROT
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut small size bite.
- 1 small size carrot, slice it
- Few spring of celery leave, slice
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, crush and chop roughly
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Sea salt, sugar and pepper
- 100ml water
- in medium size pan and medium heat, put inside the oil and garlic, sautéed until slightly golden and fragrance
- Then put inside the carrot, continue sautéed until the carrot slightly soft then put inside water.
- Seasoned and give it a taste. Let it shimmering.
- After you get the balance of flavoring put inside the broccoli and celery leaves, sautéed until broccoli change color and still crunchy. Take out from the heat.
- I serve mine with steam rice, slice of avocado and fried onion.
Note 1 : the balance of salt and sugar for me usually 1:1, but depend on salt you used, I usually used Himalayan and sea salt which for me not too salty. But for start, used half of tsp first with 1 tsp of sugar and taste it and corrected accordingly. It is better to seasoned gradually than over seasoned.
Note 2 : for this recipe if you want to used some shallot or onion, please add some of them.