It is been long time not having this kind of style potatoes cooking. My son loveeee potatoes, in his defend on eating vegetable, potatoes are veggies, so he already have his portion of veggies, every-time I asked him to have veggies side dishes next to potatoes.
I know there are more interesting recipe of potatoes than this, and this recipe is more like potatoes salad than “stir fried”. I usually cooked this potatoes as a bribe to my son, when he become picky on what he eat, and working as a bribe usually I give this dishes companion one kind of food that hard for him to enjoyed alone.
I gave this potatoes stir fried a friend. From previous post of vegan chicken satay, this are mushroom version from yesterday satay marinating. I can’t marinated it too long, since the mushroom will getting soaked in its own moisture/liquid. Just coating thoroughly the mushroom with the marinate sauce and grilled with high heat and really hot pan, +- 2 minute for each side until the mushroom getting charred on each side. It is juicy and yummy. This are quite unexpected combo, but worth to give it a try.
POTATOES STIR FRIED
- 5-6 small new potatoes, boiled until soft with water plus generous amount of salt, then slice it into bite size.
- 3 garlic, crushed and chop
- 1 small stalk of celery (with the leaves), slice finely the stalk and the leaves (set the leaves aside for later)
- 1/2 tbs vegan butter
- 1/2 tbs vegetable oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 scallion, slice to serve
- In hot pan and medium heat put inside the vegan butter and vegetable oil, when the butter melted put inside garlic and celery stalk. Sautéed until the garlic golden but not burned.
- Then put inside the potatoes and the seasoning, stir thoroughly until the potatoes are slightly fried. Then sprinkle with celery leaves (or parsley if you want).
- Take it out from the heat when there is no liquid left, the potatoes dried and slightly brown.
- Ready to enjoyed with grilled mushroom and sprinkle of scallion.
This potatoes stir fried, you can experiment with a lot of seasoning. I already tried it with herb de Provence and Italian mix (the must have though, sprinkle of scallion or chive)