Bear with me, as autumn are in our front door, meaning mushroom are abundant too. Mushroom are one of my favourite ingredient, my most favourite is shiitake mushroom, with portobello in second list, both are meaty not meaning having taste like meat but it is chewy with plenty of “meat” to enjoy. Shiitake have some specific savoury, umami flavour that I can not explain, if I want to boost some hidden extra flavour, I always used this mushroom as one of ingredient. As for portobello, I love it for it juiciness and versatility, it depend on how you seasoned the mushroom, so whatever you put on this portobello, it will carried the flavour greatly. Usually I always have shiitake in my fridge, and for the rest of mushroom, I love them in any way.
This recipe are hot hot hot, if you can’t handle extreme hotness, please just do add some chilli according your preference. This are garlicky, salty and spicy, with hint of sweetness to balance (I do add some of sugar to balance the kick from all of those spice). But really really simple to make, and to enjoy too, hehe, only in one blink it is gone for me.
With only few ingredient you need, it is suitable for you speedy meal, eat with warm rice, slice of avocado, simple yet satisfying for you weekdays dinner. I serve this mushroom with rice and spring onion from my kitchen scrap that I grow in windowsill.
SO shall we?
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM IN SALT AND CHILLI
SERVE 2 small portion as complimentary
- 300 Gram portobello mushroom, slice it
- 3 garlic clove, chop it fine
- 4-5 red chilli, seed in, slice it
- Generous amount of sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbs vegetable oil/light olive oil
- 1 scallion to serve
- In hot medium size pan and medium heat, put inside the vegetable oil, garlic and chilli. Sautéed until fragrance and the garlic are slightly golden.
- After the spice are fragrance put inside the mushroom and seasoned with sea salt, pepper and sugar. Stir it through and don’t forget to give it a taste, corrected accordingly.
- Continue to stir until mushroom are soft but not overcooked (mushy mushroom are not attractive hehe).
- Take out from the heat and ready to serve.
- I serve mine with warm rice, sprinkle of another dried chilli and slice of scallion.