As garlic girl, yepp you hear it right, I love garlic, how maybe some people are not fans of it pungent fragrance, but for me garlic are heavenly, also for my personal taking on hummus are no exception, obscene amount of garlic are all I needed.
What differentiate my taking than other recipe other than obscene amount of garlic are, I also bring some smokiness, exotic, oriental flavour, with Toasted ground cumin. This toasted ground cumin bring some earthiness flavour which I love it so much, but if you are not paying attention it would be just slipping away from your palate.
Shall we go to the exotic island, now?
MY PERSONAL TAKING ON HUMMUS
- 400 gram of ready cooked garbanzo (chickpeas), strain in from the liquid
- 4-5 clove of garlic
- 1/2 lemon, squeeze the juice
- 1/2 tsp toasted ground cumin
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil — I always used the spicy one, it give extra big flavour into the hummus
- In food processor, put inside the chickpeas as well as all the seasoning, sea salt, pepper, cumin, lemon and garlic, blitz it while gradually adding the olive oil.
- At first add the 1/2 cup of olive oil, all depend on how thick or spreadable your hummus are, I love mine thick and fat, as I love to spoon it, or eating with anything grilled. Add the oil accordingly.
- Or you could use immersion blender like making mayonnaise, with the same method, by adding half cup of olive oil first and adjusted accordingly.
- When everything perfectly emulsified, taking it out into a bowl, and optionally serve it with sprinkle of sweet smoke paprika